Sunday, February 11, 2018

Ka





I found that the paper by Tanton and the paper by Kauffman and Lambropoulou have the same Theorem 1 about isotopy. Kauffman and Lambropoulou's discussion on theorem 1 is lengthy and without any diagrams. Tanton's explanation is direct and to the point.

I found it very difficult to read Kauffman and Lambropoulou's paper. It was very wordy and detailed. As much as I love math and find it extremely interesting but I am not a fan of reading papers like this. It takes me a while to read and if I want to absorb the information, I need to read and re-read each part. So with their paper it took a very long time for me to get through it. And to be honest, I am not sure if I understand it fully yet. On the bright side, I really like their diagrams and drawings. I found those easy to understand and useful.

I think Tanton's paper is easier to understand and more reader friendly. I found it helpful to break up definitions and explanations with diagrams. It allowed for us readers to digest what we just read.

I believe that the audiences for both of these papers are fairly similar. I think that audience for Tanton's paper is grad school students who might not have much experience with  reading though papers or dealing with difficult concepts. I think Kauffman and Lambropoulou's paper is more for teachers and professors looking to dive deeper into the concept. Maybe readers with a background in the content area.

No comments:

Post a Comment